Saturday, 10 May 2014

Sneak-peak at the Secret Garden Tea Dress

As I mentioned a couple of posts ago, I'm setting up a pattern company for my current project at university. Yesterday I made the design toile. There are a few changes I would like to make, but I thought I'd show you a few little pictures -- not the whole thing though! I don't want to spoil the surprise! :)




The theme is the Secret Garden Tea Party, so there is a Victorian influence on the design, and as the Secret Garden was about change, the dress will turn from a day dress into a party dress with an overskirt. At the moment there is a vintage style placket, but unless I can find a way to make that work with the machine-stitched lining, that may have to be replace with a zip. I hope I can work around that though.

Sabrina