Tuesday, 8 April 2014

The last part of "the journal"

This post will be the last in this series (sigh of relief). I know it's not been edge-of-your-seat kind of stuff and thank you very much for sticking with me. It's really a way of submitting my work for uni, so you're actually seeing part of my homework. : )

Saturday, 5th April 2014

Hand-in day is Tuesday and I have a few things to do prior to that. I have to:
  • re-do my illustration again
  • organise my case-study file
  • complete my New Look work experience report
  • update my blog (just this bit)
  • print tracing paper page
  • bind sketchbook (do this on Tuesday)
  • write links blog post in a PDF or email them to tutor
  • Employment Packs
Thankfully, these are mostly small jobs. The illustration will take the most effort/time. As today is Saturday, I have been working on Camilla's pattern, and I'll do the module work tomorrow and on Monday. I have ordered a garment bag but it wouldn't have got here in time even if I'd paid for express delivery, so I got free delivery and it will come by Thursday. I'll have to leave the dresses in my portfolio box until Friday.

Sunday, 6th April 2014

Today I have mostly sorted out my file and done my illustration. I must get the rest of my tasks completed tomorrow. I'm also looking into illustrating as a career option, but I don't think I will choose it ultimately. I'll research it, but I think it will be better as a side-skill.

These blog posts are evidently boring; I think I've lost a follower! The next one I type will be the last in this module, and it's just as well if it's effecting my ratings negatively.

I think this module has just opened up a part of my brain/mind that deals with branding. I'm glad because I shall need it for the next module.

Tuesday, 8th April 2012, half-past midnight

I've got most of what I wanted to do done. I haven't got my CV content improved, or at least I don't think I have; I'll only know as I apply for jobs and internships. I really wanted to work on my employment packs, but I think that will take time that I don't have just now. I have, however, found some interviews with independent pattern designers for my career research and done a job spec for that career. I have also moved some of the hand-written notes to computer format and printed them so they look better. I'd better get to bed now -- I have to be up at 6:50am! : ) Good night.